So I’ve generally been reserving my Write section for writing tips, but I did say on my About This Blog page that I would possibly mention a few things about my own experiences in the writing world, so today that’s what I’m doing!
I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by the extremely generous indytony (thank you!). I gratefully accept this nomination and am so ecstatic that I was even considered! Now that I’ve accepted, here’s what I have to do:
1. Display the “Versatile Blogger” icon on my blog.
2. Link back to the nominator’s post. (Click on indytony’s name up above!)
3. List 7 things about myself.
4. Nominate 15 more blogs for a “Versatile Blogger Award.”
In that case, time for another list!
7 Things About Me
- I really love lists. I make them for just about anything that I feel would benefit from being in list form: grocery lists, to-do lists, random-ideas-in-the-middle-of-the-night lists, some of my blog posts…
- I am currently an avid reader of The New Yorker and would love to intern or (fingers crossed) write for them one day. A girl can dream!
- I’ve only been to two major concerts in my life and they’ve both been for Josh Groban.
- I’ve been the only vegetarian in my family since I was six years old.
- Airplanes: over 90,000 pounds of pure flying evil. I’ll stick to the ground, thank you…
- I named by baby blue Schwinn cruiser bike Annabel after Edgar Allan Poe’s Annabel Lee.
- I like to name some of my possessions. In addition to my car, my various childhood stuffed animals, and a plethora of other random things I decided should be christened, I also have an iPod named Luigi.
- I think video games are fantastically fun. Yes, the old school Mario Bros. for Super Nintendo was one of my favorites.
I normally can’t think of any interesting things to say about myself, but I must have been on a roll because I even put an extra one! Now, time for those who I think deserve a little extra mention as well.
These blogs are some that I enjoy reading and some that are just starting out that I believe could use a little boost. I want to thank everyone for supporting my blog. I’ll be sure to keep you all updated on further writing achievements!